The windows at the entrance to the Tufts University School of Medicine's Sackler Center.
View campus map
Directory of Buildings on the Boston Campus
Scheduling: Room & Equipment Reservation
Arthur M. Sackler Center for Medical Education
145 Harrison Avenue
The Arthur M. Sackler Center for Medical Education is a 133,787 sq. ft. facility that serves as the primary teaching space of the medical school and includes administrative space for offices such as the medical school’s Office of Student Affairs, Office of Educational Affairs (OEA), Office of Financial Aid, Office of the Dean of the Medical School and the Office of the Dean of the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences. Also housed in the Sackler Center is the Hirsh Health Sciences Library, the main library for the Health Sciences campus and for Tufts Medical Center.
Features of the Sackler Center include:
- Wireless computing
- More than 20 classrooms (most with a seating capacity of 18-22 and many which can be adjoined for expanded seating capacity of 34-44)
- Large and small function rooms (seating capacity 120 and 25 respectively; can be adjoined)
- 2 auditoria (seating capacity 180 and 281; can be adjoined)
- Student Lounge (seating capacity 120)
- Multimedia Resource Center (MRC) (seating capacity 90)
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Food 4 Thought Cafe
- Small group rooms (seating capacity 6-15)
- Study carrels and individual/small group rooms (seating capacity 1-3)
- Computer search stations
- PC and MAC computer labs (PC lab also functions as a classroom with computer teaching station)
- Tauber Fitness Center
Jaharis Family Center for Biomedical and Nutrition Sciences
150 Harrison Avenue
The Jaharis Family Center for Biomedical and Nutrition Sciences is a 179,427 sq. ft. facility that provides state-of-the-art research space for the faculty of the Friedman School of Nutrition Sciences and Policy and the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences. Administrative offices for the Friedman School are also located in the Jaharis Building. Additional features include:
- Auditorium (seating capacity 202)
- Lecture hall (seating capacity 59)
- Classroom, conference, and small group rooms
- Cafe and courtyard
Biomedical Research and Public Health Building (formerly the M&V Complex)
136 Harrison Avenue
The Biomedical Research and Public Health Building (BRPH) is a 130,500 sq. ft. facility. It includes a Gross Anatomy lab (40 dissection tables/5 students per table). In addition, the BRPH provides research and administrative space for the faculty of the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences and the Office of Public Health and Professional Degree Programs which administers the medical school’s graduate degree programs. The BRPH is also home to the Boston campus Public Safety Office.
- PHPD student lounges (large and small) equipped with computers
- Group study rooms
- Wireless computing
- Classroom and laboratory space
- PA program suite
200 Harrison Avenue
Posner Hall is a 67,330 sq. ft. facility that features a 200-seat auditorium and several small group rooms. Dormitory housing for medical and dental students and a small fitness facility are located in Posner Hall in addition to several administrative offices, such as the Student Advisory and Health Administration Office.
Please note, the Office of International Affairs has moved to 20 Park Plaza, Suite 1101, Boston.
Tufts University does not own or operate any parking facilities on or near the health sciences campus in Boston. Please see the web page on Parking for more information.
The Health Sciences Campus Bookstore supplies textbooks, needed materials for classes and an assortment of other supplies. The bookstore also carries Tufts hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts and Tufts giftware. Snacks and a selection of books to read for relaxation can also be found at the bookstore.
Tufts Medical Center Copy Center There are 2 locations, one at 75 Kneeland Street on the 1st floor (6-5373) and the other at 25 Harvard Street (6-5371).