Marcia Boumil, MA, MS, JD, LLM
Associate Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine
Assistant Dean, Conflict of Interest Administration
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Tufts Medical Center
Director, JD/MPH Program
Tufts University School of Medicine
136 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
Alternate Phone: 617.636.6670
MS in Public Health: Tufts University
MA in Psychology: Boston College
JD (Law): University of Connecticut School of Law
LLM (Law): Columbia University School of Law
My research focus is in the field of conflicts of interest in academic medicine. I’m also interested in legal issues in reproductive health and children’s mental health, particularly privacy issues.
- Boumil and Hattis, Medical Liability in a Nutshell (Thomson Reuters Publishing Co. 3rd Edition 2011).
- Boumil and Sharpe, Liability in Medicine and Public Health (Thomson-West Publishing Co., 2004).
- Boumil, M, Pharmaceutical Gift Laws and Commercial Speech Under the First Amendment in the Wake of Sorrell v. IMS Health, Inc. 8(2) J of Health and Biomedical L.133 (2012).
- Boumil, M, Cutrell, E., Lowney, K and Berman, H, Pharmaceutical Speakers' Bureaus, Academic Freedom and the Management of Promotional Speaking at Academic Medical Centers. J. of Law, Medicine and Ethics 40:2 (311-25) (2012).
- Boumil, M, et al., Prescription Data Mining, Medical Privacy and The First Amendment: The U.S. Supreme Court in Sorrell v. IMS Health, Inc. 21(2) Annals of Health Law 447(2012).
- Boumil M, Berman HA. Revisiting the Physician/Industry Alliance: The Bayh-Dole Act and Conflict of Interest Management at Academic Medical Centers. 15 J. of Med. and Law 1(2011).
- Boumil M, et al., Waiver of the Psychotherapist-Patient Privilege; Implications for the Family Court. Publication Pending: Health Matrix, 2011.
- Boumil, et al., D. Multidisciplinary Representation of Patients: The Potential for Ethical Issues and Professional Duty Conflicts in the Medical-Legal Partnership Model. J. Healthcare L. and Policy 13:101 (2010).
- Toward a Greater Level of Transparency: The New Massachusetts Conflict of Interest Law. 10 Harv. Health Policy Rev. 31 (2009).