Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine
Professor, Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition and Social Policy, Tufts University
Tufts University School of Medicine
150 Harrison Ave, Jaharis 3
Boston, MA 02111
MS, Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts
PhD, Biochemistry, University of Massachusetts
Cancer and diet; prevention of colon and breast cancer by altering diet; understanding the underlying mechanism in diet-related alteration of susceptibility to colon and breast cancer; the role of probiotics and prebiotics in preventing and treating various human disorders; the role of free radicals in the treatment of established tumors.
- Mansfield KG, Carville A, Wachtman L, Goldin BR et al. A diet high in saturated fat and cholesterol accelerates Simian Immunodefiency Virus disease progression. J Inf Dis 196: 1202-1210, 2007.
- Ausman LM,Oliver LM, Goldin BR,Woods MN, Dwyer JT. Estimated net acid excretion inversely correlates with urine pH in Vegans, Lacto-Ovo vegetarians and Omnivores. J Renal Nutr. 18: 456-465, 2008.
- Aubertin-Leheudre M, Gorbach S, Woods MN, Dwyer JT, Goldin BR, Aldercreutz H. Fat/Fiber intakes and sex hormones in American premenopausal healthy women. J Steroid Biochem and Metab (In Press).
- Goldin BR, Brauner E, Adlercreutz H, Ausman LM, Lichtenstein AH. Hormonal response to diets high in soy or animal protein without and with isoflavones in moderately hypercholesterolemic subjects. Nutr Cancer. 2005;51(1):1-6.
- Goldin BR, Li W, Mansfield K, Woods M, Wanke C, Freeman L, Shevitz A, Gualtieri L, Bussell S, Gorbach SL. The effect of micronutrient supplementation on disease progression and death in simian immunodeficiency virus-infected juvenile male rhesus macaques. J Infect Dis. 2005 Jul 15;192(2):311-8. Epub 2005 Jun 14.
- Lichtenstein AH, Jalbert SM, Adlercreutz H, Goldin BR, Rasmussen H, Schaefer EJ, Ausman LM. Lipoprotein response to diets high in soy or animal protein with and without isoflavones in moderately hypercholesterolemic subjects. Arterioscler Thromb Vac Biol 2002;22:1852-1858.
- Goldin BR, Gualtieri LJ, Moore RP. The effect of Lactobacillus GG on the initiation and promotion of DMH-induced intestinal tumors in the rat. Nutr Cancer 1996;25:197-204.
- Goldin BR, Woods MN, Spiegelman D, et al. Dietary fat and fiber influence serum estrogen concentrations in premenopausal women under controlled dietary conditions. Cancer. 1994;74:1125-31.
- Goldin BR, Gorbach SL. Effect of diet on the plasma levels, metabolism and excretion of estrogens. Am J Clin Nutr 1988;48:787-790.
- Ash S, Goldin BR. The effects of age and estrogen on renal vitamin D metabolism in the female rat. Am J Clin Nutr 1988;47:694-9.
- Goldin BR, Adlercreutz H, Gorbach SL, et al. The relationship between estrogen levels and diets of Caucasian American Women and Oriental immigrants. Am J Clin Nutr 1986;44:945-953.
- Goldin BR, Gorbach SL. The effect of milk and Lactobacillus feeding on human intestinal bacterial enzyme activity. Am J Clin Nutr 1984;39:756.
- Goldin BR, Adlercreutz H, Gorbach SL, Woods M, Warram J, et al. Estrogen excretion patterns and plasma levels in vegetarian and omnivore women. N Engl J Med 1982;307:1542-1547.
- Goldin BR and Gorbach SL 2008 Clinical Indications for Probiotics: An Overview. Clinical Infectious Diseases 46 (Suppl 2) S96-S100