Assistant Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine
Academic Director, PREP Program
Tufts University School of Medicine
136 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
Patient-Provider Interactions / Doctor-Patient Relationships / Patient-Centered Care & Health Communication/ Behavioral Change/ Medication Adherence / Medical Education of Pain and Experience of Illness / Disability / Empathy Catalysts, Facilitators, Resistance to Change / Organizational Development / Family Violence: Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Advocacy / Injury Control Medicine and Public Health Interface / Primary Care Workforce/ Access to Care
- Ressler P. Bradshaw YS. Chui, K. Gualtieri L. Communicating the Experience of Chronic Pain and Illness through Blogging. Journal of Medical Internet Research. (Revise & Resubmit)
- Duggan AP. Bradshaw YS. Swergold N. Altman W. When rapport building extends beyond affiliation: communication overaccommodation toward patients with disabilities. Permanente Journal. 15(2):23-30, 2011.
- Barton Laws M, Bradshaw YS, Safren SA, Beach MC, Lee Y, Rogers W, Wilson IB. Discussion of Sexual Risk Behavior in HIV Care is Infrequent and Appears Ineffectual: A Mixed Methods Study. AIDS Behav. 2010 Oct 28
- Koch-Weser S, Bradshaw YS, Gualtieri, L, Gallagher, SS. The Internet as a health information source: findings from the 2007 Health Information National Trends Survey and implications for health communication. Journal of Health Communication. 15 Suppl 3:279-93, 2010.
- Duggan A, Bradshaw YS, Altman W. How do I ask about your disability? An examination of interpersonal communication processes between medical students and patients with disabilities. Journal of Health Communication. 2010 Apr;15(3):334-50.
- Duggan A, Bradshaw YS, Carroll SE, Rattigan SH, Altman W. What can I learn from this interaction? A qualitative analysis of medical student self-reflection and learning in a standardized patient exercise about disability. Journal of Health Communication. 2009 Dec;14(8):797-811.
- A Duggan. YS Bradshaw. "Reciprocity of Doctor and Patient Communication Behaviors within Interactions". Communication Research Reports. 2008:25 (3), 211-226.
- Rothman RE, Irvin CB, Moran GJ, Sauer L, Bradshaw YS, Fry RB Jr, Josephine EB, Ledyard HK, Hirshon JM; From the Public Health Committee of the American College of Emergency Physicians. Respiratory hygiene in the emergency department. Journal of Emergency Nursing 2007 Apr;33(2):119-34.
- Rothman RE, Irvin CB, Moran GJ, Sauer L, Bradshaw YS, Fry RB Jr, Josephson EB, Ledyard HK, Hirshon JM; Public Health Committee of the American College of Emergency Physicians. Respiratory hygiene in the emergency department. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2006 Nov;48(5):570-82. Epub 2006 Aug 23. Erratum in: Annals of Emergency Medicine Med. 2007 Jan;49(1):61. Josephine, Elaine B [corrected to Josephson, Elaine B].
- Minihan PM, Bradshaw L, Long LM, Altman W, Ector J, Foran, K, Johnson, L, Kahn P, Perduta-Fulginiti S, and Sneirson R. Teaching about Disability: Standardized Patients with Disabilities as Medical Educators. Disabilities Studies Quarterly. Fall 2004.
- Elaine Alpert, Robert Sege, Y. S. Bradshaw. Medical School Education for Violence Prevention, Academic Medicine 1997(suppl); 72(1):41-50.
- Peter Conrad, Y. S. Bradshaw, Rusdi Lamsudin, Naniek Kasniyah and Christine Costello. Helmets, Injuries and Cultural Definitions: Motorcycle Injury in Urban Indonesia, Accident Analysis and Prevention, March 1996;28(2):193-200.