Assistant Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine
Department of Anthropology
Department of Community Health
Tufts University School of Medicine
136 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
PhD, University of California, Berkeley and San Francisco
MPH, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
MSW, Boston University School of Social Work
- Trauma: Survivors of Torture, Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Vicarious Traumatization, Compassion Fatigue, Narrative Medicine
- Environmental Health: Slum/Informal Settlements Health, Solid Waste Management, Food Safety and Sanitation, Global Disaster Management/Humanitarian Aid, Pesticide Exposure, Political Ecology, Environmental Health Social Movements
- Epidemiology: Environmental Epidemiology, Spatial Epidemiology (CI/PPGIS)
- Sociomedical Sciences: Embodiment, Social Exclusion/Inclusion, Institutions, Adultification, Mental Health, Resilience and Risk, Human Ecology, Systems Theory
- Sheats JL, Middlestadt SM, Ona F, Juarez P, Kolbe J. (2013) Understanding African-American women's decisions to buy and eat dark green leafy vegetables: an application of the Reasoned Action Approach. J Nutr Educ Behav. In press.
- Bonilla, Z. and Ona, F. (2011) Paving New Paths for Health Education in the Global South: Lessons from the RAICES Project. The Health Education Monograph Vol.28(1): 26-31.
- Bonilla, Z., Ona, F. and Morrison, S. (2010) Health Education Practice and Global Health (eds.). The Health Education Monograph Vol. 27(2).
- Kennedy-Armbruster, C., Huber-Lorenzen, L., Ona, F. (2008) Increasing Functional Physical Activity among Older Adults Using Internet-based Video Conferencing. ACSM Health and Fitness Journal.
- Bhatia, R. and Ona, F. (2002) Youth ENVISION: A Collaboration for Community Food Security. Health Education and Behavior Vol. 29, No. 3, 281-286.