The Tisch College and Tufts University School of Medicine Community Service Learning (Tisch &TUSM CSL) Faculty Award has been established to honor a faculty member who demonstrates outstanding commitment to civic engagement in medical education.
The award will be given to a TUSM faculty member who helps students apply medical knowledge and clinical skills in ways that benefit the community while also developing the students' understanding of health disparities, public health issues, diverse cultures, and other issues important to the host communities. This can be through service and/or advocacy focused on improving health outcomes, whether local or global.
- Impact on student learning
- Impact on community being served
- Collaboration with community members
- Support of student leadership development
- Sustainability of work
Emphasis for this award is on the faculty member's engagement of students in service learning, not on the faculty member's own service activities.
To nominate a faculty member for this award, please email a letter describing the nominee's work and its impact on students and the community by Monday, March 12, 2018, to: Jennifer.Greer_Morrissey@tufts.edu
- 2017-2018: Julie M. Schirmer, LCSW (Family Medicine)
- 2016-2017: Keith Nokes, M.D., M.P.H. (Family Medicine)
- 2015-2016: Shirley Gonzalez, M.D. (Pediatrics)