Any individual over the age of 18 is eligible to donate their body to the Tufts Anatomical Gift Program; however, Tufts University reserves the right to decline the donation based on the following circumstances:
- Known carrier of an infectious or communicable disease
- Deceased for more than 24 hours
- Overly obese or emaciated persons
- Disfigurations, open sores, jaundice, edema
- Current needs of the program
- Previously embalmed or autopsied bodies
Alternative arrangements should be made in the event that the gift cannot be accepted.