The Sharewood Project is a free health education program that also provides limited health care services. Some services are offered regularly while others are only available at specific times each month. Unfortunately, due to the limited resources of the Sharewood Project, we are only able to offer physicals for uninsured individuals under the age of 18. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Primary Care Medicine
We have trained MD physicians on staff each night to provide diagnosis, treatment and referrals for clients. If you have a sudden or ongoing health problem and don't know the cause, our doctors can help you.
- Confidential sexual health counseling and STI testing
Consult with our trained counselors regarding sexual health and sexually transmitted infections (STI) prevention. We can test for HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, hepatitis C, and syphilis. Rapid pregnancy and HIV testing is also available, with results in 20 minutes.
- Hepatitis B testing
If you think you may have been exposed to hepatitis B, come to Sharewood and get a free screening. You can learn more about hepatitis B from the CDC.
- Mental health screening and referrals
We have physicians available for free mental health evaluations and referrals in the Boston area. If you are having an immediate mental health emergency please call 911.
- Health insurance information and case management services
If you are eligible and want to sign up for the free MassHealth health insurance plan, Sharewood can help.
Please bring the following items (if available) to help us process your application more quickly:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Government-issued photo ID (such as your driver's license or passport)
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Laboratory testing
We are able to run most laboratory tests, including (but not limited to) blood glucose, rapid pregnancy, rapid strep, and blood serology. If you have a specific question about tests provided, please call and leave a message and one of our administrators will get back to you during Sharewood's hours which are Tuesday 6:00 to 8:00 PM. The telephone number is 781-324-8991.
Eye exams are available monthly, on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, provided by the Tufts Ophthalmology Interest Group with an attending optometrist. Services include ocular health assessment, but DO NOT include eyeglass or contact prescriptions.
- Dental screenings
Dental students from Tufts University offer free screenings the first and third Tuesday of each month, from 6:00 until 8:00 PM. If you have questions about our dental services, please contact the Sharewood Dental Clinic.
- Nutritional screenings
Nutritional screening is offered every second and fourth Tuesday.
- Womens health services
Currently, our Women’s Health Services are now offered every Tuesday!!
- STI testing and treatment
- Birth control counseling, including prescriptions for birth control pills
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Family planning counseling
- Pelvic exams for abnormal discharge, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, etc.
- Testing and treatment for vaginal infections such as bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and UTIs
- A safe and confidential environment for discussing intimate partner violence or relationship issues
- Case management services for insurance enrollment and connection to primary care regardless of insurance status
- New prenatal services through a grant from Tufts Medical Center which includes: prenatal counseling, prenatal vitamins, basic prenatal bloodwork, enrollment in prenatal health insurance, connection to consistent and routine prenatal care
Dematology services are offered every first and third Tuesday.