Online Master of Public Health
World-Class MPH. Online Format.
The online Master of Public Health (MPH) program at Tufts University School of Medicine, ranked by U.S News & World Report*, empowers you to advance health equity by collecting and analyzing data, researching, and understanding public health programming. This CEPH-accredited program offers:
- A research-backed online learning experience that delivers the same high-quality curriculum as on campus
- A vast Tufts alumni network and complimentary access to LinkedIn Premium Career
- World-class faculty with interdisciplinary experience in the public health field
Tufts offers career services to help you find where you’d like to use your public health skills and knowledge, ensuring you’re making a difference where it matters most.
The MPH program will prepare you to assess social determinants of health, develop evidence-based solutions to address disparities, and make communities healthier.
The program offers two concentration options: Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Population Health Promotion.
In the Epidemiology and Biostatistics concentration, you will learn how to design studies, analyze quantitative and qualitative data, and apply statistical techniques to improve public health policy and practice.
In the Population Health Promotion concentration, you will learn the science, theory, and practice behind health promotion and behavior change to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate public health interventions and create educational messaging for communities.
As a Tufts online MPH student, you will:
- Gain knowledge in a collaborative online environment with faculty and peers located across the country who share your motivation to improve population health
- Explore ways to address health disparities in your community, such as inequitable access to information and services
- Learn from educators who are experienced public health practitioners with backgrounds in epidemiology, medicine, nutrition, health policy, environmental health, and biomedical engineering
- Work toward a career focused on solving public health issues such as health inequity, health education, homelessness, active living, infectious disease, substance use disorders, and affordable healthcare
Applied Learning in Your Community
Gain real-world experience with our Applied Learning Experience (ALE). During ALE, you will complete 160 practicum hours working with a preceptor (guide/manager) at an outside agency to address an existing public health challenge.
ALE enables you to contribute to ongoing and impactful public health work and gain real, project-based experience.
Tufts School of Medicine seeks students who are dedicated to understanding and improving the health of individuals, communities, and the world at large. Complete the program in as few as 20 months. No GRE is required to apply.
To learn more about our application requirements and upcoming deadlines, visit our admissions page.
The online MPH program prepares you for a broad range of careers that can help improve human health outcomes. With our two concentrations—Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and Population Health Promotion—you’ll learn how to make meaningful contributions to the field of public health, from investigating patterns and causes of diseases to creating effective healthcare solutions for diverse communities. Of our 2019 on-campus MPH graduates, 100% reported they were employed or continued their education within one year of graduation**.
Jobs you may qualify for after graduation include:
- Data Analyst
- Healthcare Program Manager
Plan for Your Future. Strengthen Your Community.
We’ll pair you with a dedicated admissions counselor who can tell you more about our MPH program and career planning resources.