Online Master's in Health Informatics and Analytics
Discover Tufts’ Approach to Health Informatics and Analytics
Tufts University School of Medicine’s online Master of Science in Health Informatics & Analytics program takes a holistic approach to health information technology (HIT). Through an interdisciplinary curriculum that combines course work in healthcare technology, research, information management, and data science, you will develop the multifaceted skillset you need to work in healthcare, public health, and health research spaces.
As a Tufts student, you will graduate with a deep understanding of current health information technologies and advanced information systems, including artificial intelligence for health and electronic health records.
Upon completion of your degree, you will be able to:
- Design and evaluate health information technologies for data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting
- Define and solve complex data-based problems using the most appropriate statistical principles and methods
- Perform advanced analytics using R/ R Studio and Python and develop predictive tools for healthcare settings
- Create effective visual representations of complex data to derive valuable insights to inform strategies and management plans that fit organizations’ goals
- Apply data governance principles and policies to maintain data integrity, confidentiality, and quality
- Be a well-rounded professional with high ethical standards who can lead projects and manage effective teams through effective collaboration and communication skills
Being able to understand and analyze health information technologies helps to bring real change to communities everywhere. Hear from Tufts’ Health Informatics & Analytics Program Director, Ramya Pallachola, as she discusses the many benefits of earning your online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics.
Our program prepares you with well-rounded knowledge surrounding the full lifecycle of health data along with an understanding of how to execute change. By honing your understanding of health informatics and analytics, you will graduate ready to:
- Navigate and manage information in health systems
- Effectively identify, analyze, utilize, and communicate health information and data
- Translate data into meaningful insights and solutions for healthcare organizations
Our well-rounded curriculum covers topics from understanding data governance and management to ethics, diversity, and inclusion in health technology development. Students will find opportunities to learn and apply new skills, broadening the scope of job opportunities after graduation.
Immersive Online Experience
Delivered with the same intimate learning approach as the on-campus programs at Tufts University School of Medicine, the online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics program was developed for the digital space.
As a student, you will also participate in the Capstone Practicum, a practicum experience designed to integrate and apply the health informatics skills gained in the classroom to a real-world data program.
You will complete your capstone at a local, national, or international organization of your choice, tailored to a topic of interest within the health data field. After completing your capstone, you will have a body of work that can be used in seeking employment or professional advancement.
The Tufts School of Medicine seeks students who are dedicated to understanding and improving the health of individuals, communities, and the world at large. The program offers three start dates per year: January, May, and September. No GRE required.
To view application requirements and upcoming deadlines, visit the admissions page.
Health Informatics & Analytics Careers
Through its comprehensive approach, the online MS in Health Informatics & Analytics program gives you the skills to prepare you for a range of career opportunities in healthcare, public health, and health research.
Jobs you may qualify for after graduation include:
- Health Informatics Director/Vice President of Clinical Informatics
- Director of Data Analytics
- Health Informatics Consultant
- Health Informatics Project Manager
- Pharmacy Informatics Specialist
- Informatics Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Healthcare Data Analytics Director
- Healthcare IT Project Manager
- Healthcare IT Program Manager
- Nursing Informatics Specialist
- Population Health Analytics Manager
Use Data to Create Meaningful Change
Learn how our online Master of Science in Health Informatics & Analytics program can prepare you for a career as a healthcare manager, analyst, or data scientist at a health organization.