Physician Assistant Total Annual Estimated Costs
|YEAR 1 (Jan-Dec)||YEAR 2 (Jan-Jan)|
|Student activity fee*||$70||$70|
|Student health administration fee*||$250||$250|
|Student health insurance fee**||$5796||$5022|
|Other Estimated Expenses|
|Room & board||$20340||$22035|
|Program Related Travel||$2671||$6707|
|Criminal background checks||$50|
*Tuition and university fees are adjusted annually (above is based on 2019-20).
**By law, all students in Massachusetts are required to have health insurance. If a student does not elect to take the student health insurance plan provided through Tufts University, evidence of other comparable health insurance coverage must be provided. Learn more about health insurance requirements.
***This is not automatically included in your costs, although, you may request a one-time increase during your studies for the purchase of a computer. Laptop PC or MAC, no older than 2 years with wireless internet connectivity. Home internet connectivity strongly recommended.
- Otoscope (with insufflator)
- Cardiology-grade stethoscope
- Penlight (optional), can use Otoscope light
- Reflex hammer
- Adult blood pressure cuff
- Tuning forks (128Hz & 512Hz)
- Rosenbaum pocket eye chart
- Flexible, cloth measuring tape (metric)
- Device to count seconds
- 2 sets of scrubs (for procedural labs & practice sessions)