Premed Requirements in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic the following changes in Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) premed requirements apply:
- TUSM will consider P/F (pass/no-pass) grades for all coursework which will be utilized as part of our holistic evaluation process.
- Only coursework taken between the winter of 2020 and the summer of 2021 will be included for this exception.
- Those who can continue to receive conventional grades are strongly encouraged to utilize that option.
- For students who submit P/F grades, a statement from your school documenting your schools grading system during this time frame will be required.
- Students are encouraged not to ‘overload’ on P/F grades during this time frame (not to take an unusually large number of courses).
- TUSM does not have a policy prohibiting applicants from taking prerequisite courses online, and this stance will be continued.
- MCATs will continue to be an admissions requirement and utilized as part of our holistic evaluation process.