Tufts University School of Medicine
Team Consulting Projects & Publications
- Congenial Healthcare: Growth Strategy Optimization
- Evaluating the Value of Telehealth in the Lahey Ophthalmology Department
- Atrius - Maximizing the Impact of Medical Assistants & Meeting Process Care Metrics
- CHA Co-Nurse Visits - Nursing Co-Visits at Cambridge Health Alliance: A New Way to Deliver Care
- CHA Telehealth - Planning a Tele-Health Approach to Improve Access & Outcomes for Patients in Primary Care at the Cambridge Health Alliance
- Lahey Ophthalmology Department - Optimizing Remote Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy at an Already Outstanding Tertiary Eye Center
- Tufts Clinical Translational Science Institute (CTSI) - Improving Missed Appointment Rates for Clinical Trials
- Cambridge Health Alliance - Defining and Addressing the No-Show Challenge in Primary Care at Cambridge Health Alliance
- Cambridge Health Alliance - Optimizing Discharge Processes at Cambridge Health Alliance Child Psych Units
- Mystic Valley Urology Associates - Navigating the Transition to Value-based Care
- Tufts Medical Center Cancer Center - The Trend from Infusion-based to Oral Oncolytics in the Delivery of Cancer Care
- Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization - Tufts Medical Center: Physician Compensation
- Cambridge Health Alliance - Mission-Driven Growth in CHA Optical Shop
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center - Lahey Hospital and Medical Center: Operating Room Block Schedule Redesign
- Onduo (a joint venture of Google Life Sciences and Sanofi) - Understanding PCPs Willingness and Capability to Adopt a Technology-Enabled Diabetes Disease Management Solution
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts - Planned Parenthood Care: No Matter What Care: No Matter When Care: No Matter Who
- Lahey Health Systems - Lahey Primary Care Practice Redesign: Helping Lahey Health Reinvent the Future of Primary Care
- Lahey Orthopaedic Surgery Clinic - Optimizing Care Delivery: An Operational Arthroplasty of the Lahey Orthopaedic Surgery Clinic
- Mount Auburn Hospital Emergency Department - Evaluation of Patient Flow at Mount Auburn Hospital's Emergency Department: Reducing Wait Times and Improving Patient Satisfaction Scores
- Mount Auburn Telemedicine - Mount Auburn Telemedicine: An Investment in the Future
- Cambridge Health Alliance - Cost Benefit Analysis of Hallus Valgus Surgery
- Institute for Pediatric Innovation - Pediatric Drug Reformulations: Possible Candidate and Strategy Implementation
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center - Right Care, Right Place, Right Time: Strategies to Increase Tertiary Care Cases at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
- Lahey Ophthalmology - Improving Patient Experience in the Department of Ophthalmology at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
- Lahey Otolaryngology - Improving Clinical Operations in the Department of Otolaryngology at Lahey Hospital and Medical Center
- Tufts Ambulatory Surgery - Establishing a Separate Ambulatory Surgical Set-up
- Tufts Ambulatory Surgery In-House Project - Envisioning the Future of Ambulatory Surgery at Tufts Medical Center: Maximizing Operational Efficiency in a Fluid World of Changing Reimbursement Models
- John Biebelhausen, MD/MBA 2011
Lischko, A. & Biebelhausen, J., Health Plan Financial Data Reporting: A Call for Transparency. Massachusetts Medical Society, 2008.
- John Biebelhausen, MD/MBA 2011
Lischko, A. & Biebelhausen, J., Health Care Premium Expenditures in Massachusetts: Where Does Your Health Care Dollar Go? Massachusetts Medical Society, 2008.
- Sohrab Virk, MD/MBA 2012
Virk SS, Kocher MS. Adoption of New Technology in Sports Medicine: Case Studies of the Gore Tex Prosthetic Ligament and of Thermal Capsulorrhaphy, Arthroscopy. 2010 Oct 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Catherine Logan, MD/MBA 2012 & Roger Wu, MD/MBA 2012
Logan, CA, Wu, RY, Mulley, D, Smith, P, Schwaitzberg, SD. (2010). Coordinated clinical and financial analysis as a powerful tool to influence vendor pricing. Health Care Management Review. Jul-Sep;35(3):276-82.
- Presented at the Combined Annual Meeting of ASSH and ASHT, San Francisco, CA, 2009.
- Catherine Logan, MD/MBA 2012 (Book Chapter)
Lenders C, Oliver L, Lakhani S, Logan CA. Pediatric overweight and obesity In Parker SJ (ed.): Developmental and behavioral pediatrics: A handbook for primary care, 3rd edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010, pp. 288-94.
- Catherine Logan, MD/MBA 2012, Roger Wu, MD/MBA 2012, Cyril Chen, MD/MBA 2012, Aaron Edelstein, MD/MBA 2012, & Sumeet Jain, MD/MBA 2012
Logan CA, Wu RY, Janicki AJ, Chen CX, Edelstein AG, Jain SV, Biddick NA, Au EH, Mackey WC, Fairchild DG. Do You Really Know How Compliant You Are With the Universal Protocol Presented at the 8th Annual MD/MBA Conference, Cambridge, MA.
- Award: Best Oral Presentation and Defense, Association of MD/MBA Programs Annual Conference
- Manuscript currently in final stages for submission to JACS.
- David Lucier, MD/MBA 2011 & Nicholas Frisch, MD/MBA 2011
Lucier D, Frisch N, Cohen B, Haas M, Wagner M, Salem D, Fairchild D. Academic Retainer Medicine: An Innovative Business Model for Cross-Subsidizing Primary Care.Journal of Academic Medicine, 2010 Jun;85(6):959-64.
- Ethan Rowin, MD/MBA 2009 & David Lucier, MD/MBA 2011
Rowin E, Lucier D, Pauker S, Kumar S, Chen J, Salem D. Does Error and Adverse Event Reporting Differ Between Physicians and Nurses? Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. September 2008;34(9):537-45.
- Bourque JM, Charlton GT, Holland BH, Belyea CM, Watson DD, Beller GA. (2010)
Prognosis in patients achieving ≥10 METs on exercise stress testing: Was SPECT imaging useful? Journal of Nuclear Cardiology.