Programs: Clinical & Translational Science, Public Health
- BA, South Asian Studies, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
I have two primary research interests, the first is clinical research in HIV infected individuals with an emphasis on the nutritional and metabolic complications of HIV and its therapies in both US and resource limited environments. This includes the risk for cardiovascular disease in patients infected with HIV. In addition I have a research interest in persistent diarrheal disease, particularly in children in the developing world and in adults infected with HIV. This includes the pathogens that contribute to persistent diarrheal disease, the nutritional status of individuals with persistent diarrheal disease and interventions for these persistent diarrheal illnesses.
- Mangili A, Polak JF, Quach LA, Gerrior J, Wanke CA. Markers of Atherosclerosis and Inflammation and Mortality in Patients with HIV Infection. Atherosclerosis, 2011 Feb; 214(2):468-473; Epub 2010 Nov 17. PMCID: PMC3034311.
- Padmapriyadarisini C, Ramesh KS, Terrin N, Narendran G, Menon PA, Ramachandran G, Subramanyan S, Venkatesan P, Wanke C, Swaminathan S. Dyslipidemia among HIV-Infected Patients with Tuberculosis Taking Once Daily Nonnucleoside Reverse-Transcriptase Inhibitor-Based Antiretroviral Therapy in India. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011 (Feb); 52(4):540-546. Epub 2011 Jan 20. PMCID: PMC3060904.
- McMahon JH, Jordan MR, Kelley K, Bertagnolio S, Hong SY, Wanke CA, Lewin SR, Elliott JH. Pharmacy Adherence Measures to Assess Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy: Review of the Literature and Implications for Treatment Monitoring. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2011 Feb; 52(4):493-506. Epub 2011 Jan 18. PMCID: PMC3060901.
- Falcone L, Mangili A, Skinner S, Ahsan A, Polak J, Wanke CA. Framingham risk score and early markers of atherosclerosis in a cohort of adults infected with HIV. Antiretroviral Therapy Journal 2011; 16(1):1-8.
- Tang AM, Bhatnagar T, Ramachandran R, Dong K, Skinner S, Kumar MS, Wanke CA. Malnutrition in a population of HIV-positive and HIV-negative drug users living in Chennai, South India. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011 Mar 18. [Epub ahead of print] PMCID: PMC3130882.
- Sudarsanam TD, John J, Kang G, Mahendri V, Gerrior J, Franciosa M, Gopal S, John KR, Wanke CA, Muliyil J. Pilot randomized trial of nutritional supplementation in patients with tuberculosis and HIV-tuberculosis coinfection receiving directly observed short-course chemotherapy for tuberculosis. Trop Med Int Health. 2011 Mar 21. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02761.x. Pages 699-706. [Epub ahead of print] PMCID: NA