Jasmin Prasad MD, MPH, DNB has a MD in Community Medicine from Christian Medical College, Vellore, India and a MPH (Epi & Bio) from the Tufts School of Public Health. She has specialized in maternal and child health too. She is a Professor in the Department of Community Medicine at Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore, India and an Adjunct Associate Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. She directs HIV & TB program at CMC Vellore. She has special training in economic evaluation of health systems and research studies from Copenhagen University, Denmark. She has published over 20 academic publications. Her areas of interest includes adolescent health, Maternal and child health, HIV & TB and economic evaluation.
- MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore
- MPH, Tufts University School of Public Health
- DNB (Maternal & child health), National Board of Examination, India
- Confidentiality, partner notification and HIV infection: Issues related to community health programmes. S. Abraham, J Prasad, A. Joseph, K.S. Jacob The National Medical Journal of India, Vol.13, No.4, 2000
- Explanatory models and common mental disorders among patients with unexplained somatic symptoms attending a primary care facility in Tamil Nadu S.K. Nambi, J Prasad, D. Singh, V. Abraham, A. Kuruvilla, K.S. Jacob The National Medical Journal of India, Volume 15, No.6 (Nov/Dec 2002); 331-335
- Evaluation of suicide rates in rural India using verbal autopsies, 1994-9. A Joseph, S Abraham, J P Muliyil, K George, J Prasad, S Minz, V J Abraham, K S Jacob, BMJ. 2003 May 24; 326 (7399): 1121–1122.
- Gynaecological problems among young married women in Tamil Nadu, India Abraham Joseph, Jasmin Prasad, Sulochana Abraham. Towards Adulthood- World Health Organisation, Geneva, 2003; 138-141
- Symptoms related to the reproductive tract and mental health among women in rural southern India J. Prasad, S. Abraham, B. Akila, A. Joseph, K.S. Jacob The National Medical Journal of India 2003; vol. 16. No. 6; 303-308
- Suicides: the magnitude of the problem in young people in rural South India. Aaron R., Joseph A, Abraham S, Muliyal J, George K, Prasad J, Minz S, Abraham V Joseph, Bose A The Lancet, Vo; 363 April 3, 2004; 1117-1118
- Reproductive Tract Infections among young married women in Tamil Nadu, India. Jasmin Helan Prasad, Sulochana Abraham, Kathleen Kurz, Valentina George, M.K.Lalitha, Renu John, MNR Jayapaul, Nandini Shetty, Abraham Joseph International Family Planning Perspectives, 2005, 31 (2):73-82.
- Rates and Factors associated with suicide in Kaniyambadi block, Tamil Nadu, South India, 2000-2002. J.Prasad, V.J.Abraham, S.Minz, S.Abraham. A.Joseph, J.P.Muliyal, K.George, K.S.Jacob. International Journal of Social Psychiatry 2006, vol 52(1):65-71.
- A community Health Programme in Rural Tamil Nadu, India: The Need for Gender Justice for women. Mini Elizabeth Jacob, Sulochana Abraham, Susila Surya, Shantidani Minz, Daisy Singh, Vinod Joseph Abraham, Jasmin Prasad, Kuryan George, Anju Kuruvilla, K.S.Jacob Reproductive Health matters 2006; 14 : 101-108.
- Depression, Antidepressants, and Plasma Amyloid beta (Beta) Peptides in Those Elderly Who Do Not Have Cardiovascular Disease. Sun X, Mwamburi DM, Bungay K, Prasad J, Yee J, Lin YM, Liu TC, Summergrad P, Folstein M, Qiu WQ. Biological Psychiatry - June 5, 2000.
- Self-poisoning with pesticides in India. R.Alex, J.Prasad, A.Kuruvilla, K.S.Jacob. British Journal of Psychiatry 2007;190: 274-275.
- Community perception of child drowning in South India: a qualitative study. Rita Issac, Jasmine Helan, Shantidani Minz, Anuradha Bose. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics (2007) 27, 225-229.
- A risk score to diagnose common mental disorders in general practice. S. Jeyabalan, A. Kuruvilla, J. Prasad, S. Abraham, MD, K.S. Jacob. Australian Family Physician. Vol. 36, No. 11, 969-972 (November 2007).
- Perinatal outcomes in a South Asian setting with high rates of low birth weight. Kuryan George, Jasmin Prasad, Daisy Singh, Shanthidani Minz, David S Albert, Jayaprakash Muliyil, K S Joseph, Jyothi Jayaraman, Michael S Kramer. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2009, 9:5 (9 February 2009).
- Misgav-Ladach versus Pfannenstiel incision – A randomized controlled trial of two incisions for LSCS in Secondary health care centre in South India- Daisy Singh, Jasmin Prasad, Vinod Joseph Abraham, Shantidani Minz, Kuryan George, Sulochana Abraham, Gunnar Holmgren; CMC Alumni Journal. Volume 43 (1) April 2009.
- Risk factors for suicide in rural south India.S. D. Manoranjitham, A. P. Rajkumar, P. Thangadurai, J. Prasad, R. Jayakaran, K. S. Jacob. The British Journal of Psychiatry (2010) 196: 26-30.
- Perceptions about intellectual disability: a qualitative study from Vellore, South India. Edwardraj S, Mumtaj K, Prasad JH, Kuruvilla A, Jacob KS. J Intellect Disabil Res. 2010 Aug;54(8):736-48.
- Awareness, attitudes and Self Care Practices among Diabetics – a facility based cross sectional survey in South India. Dr. Manjunath K, Dr. Vijayaprasad Gopichandran, Dr. Rakesh PS, Dr Ruby Angeline Priscilla, Dr. Jasmin Helan Prasad, Dr. Kurien George. CMC Alumni Journal. Volume 45; 2012.July: 11-17.