Support Financial Aid
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." -Archimedes
Today they study and learn. Tomorrow, they, too, shall move the world.
Can we provide their lever and fulcrum - a world-class education, and the opportunity to apply it?
Scholarships fill that need, year after year and for generations to come. Many scholarship students are preparing for today's world and will be well-equipped for wherever their ambitions lead them. We marvel in knowing that each and every year more students are ready and waiting to take their place here at Tufts University School of Medicine. What challenges will they face? And for what great deeds - and great challenges - will they prepare?
At the very core of Tufts School of Medicine is our mission to promote human health. In treating individual patients with compassion and responsibility, our doctors make the world a better place. As you share this commitment, we invite you, through the establishment of a scholarship, to help us make possible the education of tomorrow's students at Tufts School of Medicine.
Through them, you shall move the world.
Students from around the country - from Maine to Miami, Texas and Tacoma - come to our doors each year filled with dreams of healing.
What better investment can we make than opening our doors to support their hopes and dreams, and to support health care's future?
Here are 7 reasons to create a scholarship:
- Enable students who might otherwise not have the opportunity to come to Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Enhance the school's diversity and learning environment. Enrolling students from many walks of life promotes appropriate care for our country's diverse population.
- Reduce the impact of debt on students' career choices. Our graduating medical students' average indebtedness is close to $200,000.
- Address our nation's shortage of primary care physicians. Large debts may compel our students to select higher-paying specialties, regardless of their professional preference.
- Enable students to serve society by becoming skilled public health professionals.
- Trigger generosity into the future. Today's scholarship recipient is more likely to become tomorrow's donor.
- Help shape the medicine of tomorrow.
Your scholarship gift makes a large, layered impact. It helps individual students succeed. It helps society by training skilled and compassionate physicians and public health professionals to care for us, our children, and our children's children.
Your gift to scholarship funding makes a life-changing difference.
You can help make that difference in various ways: by establishing an endowed scholarship fund that supports students in perpetuity or by creating a term scholarship that covers partial or full tuition for a student today. You can fund either scholarship type via pledge payments or through a charitable bequest or other estate gift.
As President Monaco has said, scholarships open doors of opportunity at Tufts every year for students from all walks of life. You can be part of that proud tradition.
Term Scholarship Recipient"I felt how great it was to alleviate some of the debt I'll be graduating with. It made me love Tufts even more."
Term Scholarship Donor"I felt good about [making the gift] to begin with. After meeting Tess, I feel great about it."
Endowed Scholarship Recipient"It's very motivating to know that people like the Wohlgemuth family are supporting future physicians."
Endowed Scholarship Donor"It feels wonderful to give as a family rather than as an individual."
Bequest Scholarship Recipient"The scholarship has definitely taken a load off my shoulders and allowed me to lead with my passion for primary care."
Bequest Scholarship Donor"He had a soft spot for students, and he wanted to plan for the future."