TUSM OCE takes privacy protection very seriously. TUSM OCE collects specific learner data and contact information from all learners in our educational activities strictly for verification of participation and reporting purposes. By participating in our educational activities, learners acknowledge that we can share their data with the third parties responsible for administering those activities such as:
- Accrediting bodies (ACCME, ANCC, or ACPE) if learner is seeking credit/contact hours
- If applicable, third party vendors for payment of registration and activity fees
- Joint Providers/Educational partners associated with the activity for which the learner has registered/attended
- Any Maintenance of Certification program for which learner has registered
- Other accreditation/service providers, if learner requests credit/contact hours, with their permission
- If commercial support is received for an activity, physicians’ information may be reported under the Physician Payments Sunshine Act (Open Payments Program), which requires manufacturers of drugs, medical devices and biologicals that participate in U.S. federal health care programs to report certain payments and items of value given to physicians and teaching hospitals
TUSM OCE will never sell, rent or lease any personal information of learners who participate in our educational activities. As required by our accrediting bodies, TUSM OCE will maintain data for a minimum period of at least six years.
For questions regarding this policy, contact TUSM OCE at e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 617-636-6579.
Please visit the link below for Tufts University Privacy Statement and Terms & Conditions of Use when accessing tufts.edu or other Tufts University sites: https://www.tufts.edu/about/privacy.