PA Admissions & Tuition
Prerequisite 2020 Alert in Response to COVID-19
Virtual Interview Statement
Tufts University School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program has implemented a plan to move all interviews for the 2020 admission cycle to a virtual platform in an effort to comply with current guidelines established to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Candidates invited for an interview will be required to attend a virtual program overview presentation which will include a Q & A session with a principal faculty member and a current student. Candidates will then participate in both a synchronous interview and an asynchronous interview activity. Pending the re-opening of the campus in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to invite all candidates who are admitted or placed on the waitlist to the Tufts University School of Medicine campus for a meet and greet hosted by the PA program and a tour of the campus highlighting the amazing resources the University has to offer. The PA program appreciates your flexibility during these unprecedented times.
The Tufts University School of Medicine Physician Assistant (PA) Program enrolls students in JANUARY of each year. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Snapshot of our most recently matriculated class
How to Apply
The CASPA Application Portal will open April 30, 2020, at which time applicants for January 2021 may begin an application. Applicants should fill in the academic history section as soon as you begin the application process to allow CASPA to match incoming materials with an application. Do not submit the application until all final transcripts are received.
Please note that the Tufts PA Program has a Green Deadline, August 1, 2020 (See CASPA's deadline definitions). Applicants should aim to have all items submitted by July 1, 2020 in order to meet the "verified-by" deadline of August 1st.
Applications must meet CASPA and Tufts requirements:
a.) CASPA requirements for verification:
- Application e-submitted in CASPA with application fee paid
- Resume/CV is uploaded
- Patient Care Document found in CASPA is completed
- All official transcripts received by CASPA
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation received by CASPA
b.) Tufts requirements (not required for verification, but must be received by CASPA by August 1st):
- 3rd letter of recommendation (References from shadowing experiences will not be accepted as one of the three required recommendations)
- Official GRE/MCAT Scores
- TOEFL Scores (if required)
Once an application meets CASPA and Tufts application requirements AND has been confirmed by the PA Admissions Office, then the application will be sent to the PA Admissions Committee for review.
Special Note: May 2020 graduates MUST
- E-submit and submit an official final transcript to CASPA before July 1st even if it may not have a degree conferral date yet. This allows the process of application verification to begin. The applicant should call CASPA customer service to check whether the transcript received includes the date of degree conferral. If it does not, the applicant should request a second, updated transcript with degree conferral date be sent to CASPA no later than August 1. This updated transcript will be loaded to the application and the PA Admissions Office will check that the degree has been conferred, allowing the applicant to move forward to the prerequisite review process.
- Call the PA Admissions Office at 617-636-0935 notifying them of their status so that a note of the exception can be made in their CASPA record.
See below for more information about the application materials.
Evidence of a minimum of 1000 hours of direct patient care
Patient Care Document
Three letters of recommendation
Official Test Scores (GRE or MCAT)
TOEFL Scores (if required)
Resume (indicating where and how a minimum of 1000 hours of direct patient care has been earned)
After You Apply
Application review and decisions occurs on a rolling basis, and will extend only to those completed applications meeting the deadline.
Responsibilities of the Enrolled Student
Tuition and Fees
Tuition rates and fees are effective as of July 2019. The Trustees of Tufts University reserve the right to change tuition rates or fees at their discretion.