Programs: Public Health
As an epidemiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), my research focus is on vaccine hesitancy, vaccination coverage, disparities, as well as survey design and methodology. Current projects explore COVID-19 vaccination coverage and intention to vaccinate, trends in childhood vaccination delay and population attributable risk of vaccine hesitancy on non-vaccination. Recent efforts have been directed toward developing and potentially adding questions to national surveys on intent, knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs related to COVID-19 vaccination, and COVID-19 vaccination coverage among groups prioritized for early vaccination and persons at high-risk for severe health outcomes from COVID-19 illness.
- DrPH, University of South Florida, College of Public Health
- MS, Epidemiology, University of Massachusetts, School of Public Health & Health Sciences
- MPH, Tufts University School of Medicine, Public Health and Professional Degree Programs
- BA, Tufts University
Vaccine hesitancy, vaccination coverage, disparities, survey design, survey methodology
- Nguyen KH, Srivastav A, Razzaghi H, et al. COVID-19 Vaccination Intent, Perceptions, and Reasons for Not Vaccinating Among Groups Prioritized for Early Vaccination — United States, September and December 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. ePub: 9 February 2021. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7006e3external icon.
- Nguyen, KH, Kahn, K, Hoehner, J, et al. (2021). COVID-19 vaccination intent, perceptions, and reasons for not vaccinating among groups prioritized for early vaccination, United States, September 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/adultvaxview/pubs-res...
- Santibanez TA, Nguyen KH, Greby SM, Fisher A, Scanlon P, Bhatt A, Srivastav A, Singleton JA. Parental vaccine hesitancy and childhood influenza vaccination. Pediatrics. 2020 Dec 1;146(6).
- Nguyen, KH., Singleton, J., Elam-Evans, L., Hill, H., Walker, T., Yankey, D., Zhao, Z., Fredua, B., Tao, X., Skalland, B., Wolter, K. (2019). Impact of a methodological change from a dual-frame landline and cell-phone sample design to a single-frame cell-phone sample design on vaccination coverage estimates among adolescents 13-17 years, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2016-2017. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/teenvaxview/pubs-pres...