Recently Enrolled MBS Students

Welcome to Tufts!

Congratulations on choosing to join our community – now let us help you get started on the journey. Enrolling students need to complete a series of steps to confirm their spot and prepare for their first semester. We’ve included a checklist that outlines key parts of the process, and our team is always here to help address any questions or concerns. We’re glad to have you with us.

View MBS Student Resources

Enrollment Steps

Obtaining your Tufts Credentials

After you have replied to our offer of admission and your record is updated, we will email you with instructions for activating your Tufts credentials, including your new email address and your Universal Tufts Login Name (UTLN): Log in to your online application portal and follow the instructions to “Get Your Tufts Email Address,” once your information has been processed and posted to your account.

Course Registration

The Registrar’s Office will contact you with information about when and how course registration will take place for your program.

Final Official Transcripts

All matriculating MBS students are required to provide a final official transcript to the Admissions Office. Students without a final official transcript on file by the end of business on Orientation, which will take place in August, will not be allowed to enroll in the program.

A final official transcript indicates that you have earned your undergraduate degree and includes a date of degree conferral. In order to be official, we must receive this transcript electronically from the issuing institution directly.

If the transcript you provided when you applied was official, and did include the date your degree was conferred, you do not have to send another copy. However, if that transcript was NOT provided directly from your undergraduate Registrar’s Office (and instead by you, from your student information system, for example), you must have a new official final transcript, showing date of degree conferral sent directly from the issuing institution. If you are unsure and want to save time, you can request an official be email to us right now.  We will be reaching out to you if you do NOT have an official final on file with us.

If you were actively enrolled in your undergraduate program when you applied, or if you only provided our office with unofficial transcripts, you will need to request your final official transcript be sent electronically to as soon as possible.

International applicants who submitted a foreign transcript evaluation (e.g. WES) indicating that they have earned the equivalent of an undergraduate degree do not have to supply another final official transcript. If you are an international student who submitted a foreign transcript evaluation (e.g. WES) that did not reflect a date your degree was conferred, you will have to have the institution from which you graduated send us a final official transcript; you do not need to have another foreign transcript evaluation done.

Obtaining your Tufts ID Card

All of the Health Sciences buildings require that you present a Tufts University or Tufts Medical Center identification card upon entry and have it available upon request while you are in the building.

We strongly encourage all new students to use the Public Safety Picasso website to upload an ID photo prior to their arrival on campus. If you submit your photo this way at least one week before your Orientation date, we will have your ID ready and available for you when you check in. Students not present during orientation should go to the University Police station to be issued an ID.

If you ever suspect your ID has been lost or stolen, please deactivate your card immediately. You can deactivate a lost or stolen ID through Jumbo Cash. Once deactivated, your ID card can no longer be used to purchase items with JumboCash or to gain access to our lab space.

To replace a missing or stolen ID, visit You can also contact Tufts ID at or 617-627-3692 and they will provide further instructions. Please note that there is a $30 fee for replacement ID cards. Your replacement ID will operate normally, with JumboCash and lab access intact.

Paying Your Bill

Tufts University issues all bills through our online system, eBill. You will be contacted via email by the Health Sciences Bursar’s Office once your eBill account has been activated and your bill has been posted.

In order to access and reconcile your bill, you will need to have activated your Tufts credentials and have access to your Tufts email and UTLN. If you have not already activated your account, you can do so by signing in to your application portal and following the instructions to “Get Your Tufts Email Address.”

I-20 and Student Visas

The Tufts International Center will contact new international students directly, shortly after they have indicated that they intend to enroll. The International Center will assist in the process of obtaining the correct documentation you will need to obtain your authorization to study in a US university, and is available to answer questions about the process.

Health and Wellness

Accessibility Support Services

If you have documented learning or physical disabilities and will need accommodations for your classes, you will need to submit the Request for Disability Support Services form to the Associate Director of Student Programs & Affairs, Tufts School of Medicine Graduate Programs. Visit the webpage linked below for more information on how to submit the form.

View More Accessibility Information

Tufts University is committed to taking steps to ensuring and improving physical and technological access on campus. If you would like to report a physical or technological barrier which restricts any person's access to campus facilities at any Tufts campus, please use this form provided by the Student Accessibility Services Office.

Report a Physical or Online Barrier

Obtain Local Medical Providers

When you transition to the Boston area, you will need a local Primary Care Physician (PCP) for regular preventative services and sick visits throughout your time at Tufts. The Boston Health Sciences Campus does not have an on-campus student health center so all of your health services will be provided via your local network of health providers. If you currently see additional health professionals who are located out of state (medical specialists, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc.) you should begin choosing similar providers here in Boston, as well.

The Student Advisory and Health Administration (SAHA) is available to assist you with health insurance and immunization records. Within SAHA, the Student Wellness Advising is available to assist students with accessing resources for wellness and mental health support.

Submit Your Immunization Forms

All students are required by Tufts University and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to supply immunization and testing documentation prior to matriculation. Once students are admitted, the Student Advisory and Health Administration (SAHA) office will send an email with information regarding the requirements and the immunization deadline.

Student Health Insurance

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all matriculated students of higher education to participate in a health insurance plan. Students may enroll in the student insurance plan offered by Tufts University, or maintain private coverage as long as it meets or exceeds the minimum state requirements set forth by the Commonwealth.

More information about enrolling in the University health insurance plan, or waiving this coverage, is available on the Student Advisory and Health Administration (SAHA) website. All students are charged for the University’s health insurance plan. Once a waiver is submitted and approved the charge will be credited on their account.

Campus Life & Student Services

Graduate Housing

For students in the Boston Health Sciences Campus, the on-campus dormitory located in the Posner Building at 200 Harrison Avenue is offered August-May. View more information about housing at Posner Hall.

If you need assistance finding off-campus housing, we encourage you to review the Tufts Off Campus Housing website (used by all campuses) or Jump Off Campus (not Tufts affiliated).

Campus Police & Public Safety

The Tufts Department of Public and Environmental Safety comprises several organizations responsible for safety, security, and loss prevention on the Medford, Boston, and Grafton campuses. These organizations include the Tufts University Police DepartmentOffice of Environmental Health & Safety, and Tufts Emergency Medical Services (TEMS). The Department is also responsible for several administrative services including the scheduling of police details and building security officers.

Safety Escort Service

For your personal safety, the Tufts University Police Department provides vehicle and walking escorts twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, between campus locations, to the nearby Washington Street Medical Center T stop, the parking garage shuttle that leaves from the corner of Nassau Street and Washington Street, the Travelers Lot, Herald Street Parking Garage, and neighborhoods within these locales, as well as South Station and Boylston Street T stops, when traffic allows.

Transportation and Directions

The Health Sciences Campus is easily accessible from multiple public transportation options, including MBTA buses, subways, and the commuter rail. Over the summer, you will receive an email with information about purchasing a discounted MBTA pass for access to public transportation.