Admissions & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
Local & Global Engagement
The Sharewood Project is a free health education program that also provides limited health care services. Some services are offered regularly while others are only available at specific times each month. Unfortunately, due to the limited resources of the Sharewood Project, we are only able to offer physicals for uninsured individuals under the age of 18. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We have trained MD physicians on staff each night to provide diagnosis, treatment and referrals for clients. If you have a sudden or ongoing health problem and don't know the cause, our doctors can help you.
Consult with our trained counselors regarding sexual health and sexually transmitted infections (STI) prevention. We can test for HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, hepatitis B, syphilis and HIV. Rapid pregnancy testing is also available, with results in 20 minutes.
We have physicians available for free mental health evaluations and referrals in the Boston area. If you are having an immediate mental health emergency please call 911.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24 hours a day and provides free and confidential support to you or a loved one in emotional distress. If you need immediate help, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-274-8255).
If you are eligible and want to sign up for the free MassHealth health insurance plan, Sharewood can help.
Please bring the following items (if available) to help us process your application more quickly:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Government-issued photo ID (such as your driver's license or passport)
- Two most recent pay stubs
We are able to run most laboratory tests, including (but not limited to) blood glucose, rapid pregnancy, and blood serology. If you have a specific question about tests provided, please call and leave a message and one of our administrators will get back to you during Sharewood's hours which are Tuesday 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The telephone number is 781-324-8991.
Eye exams are available monthly, on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, provided by the TUSM students with an attending ophthalmologist. Services include ocular health assessment, but DO NOT include eyeglass or contact prescriptions.
Dental students from Tufts University offer free screenings the first and third Tuesday of each month, from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM. If you have questions about our dental services, please contact the Sharewood Dental Clinic.
Currently, our Women's Health Services are offered every Tuesday.
- STI testing and treatment
- Birth control counseling, including prescriptions for birth control pills
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Family planning counseling
- Pelvic exams for abnormal discharge, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, etc.
- Testing and treatment for vaginal infections such as bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections
- A safe and confidential environment for discussing intimate partner violence or relationship issues
- Case management services for insurance enrollment and connection to primary care regardless of insurance status
- New prenatal services through a grant from Tufts Medical Center which includes: prenatal counseling, prenatal vitamins, basic prenatal bloodwork, enrollment in prenatal health insurance, connection to consistent and routine prenatal care
The Sharewood Project telephone number is 781-324-8991. Please leave a message by phone and we will respond Tuesdays between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. We do not schedule appointments over the phone.