Career Pathways & Outcomes
Careers in Biomedical Sciences
The graduates of Tufts MBS program tend to fall into two groups:
- People going on to attend health professional programs to become medical doctors, doctors of dentistry, doctors of osteopathic medicine, and physician assistants
- People who go on to work in health-related fields
On average, upon completing the MBS program, 80+% of students are admitted to medical school and 99% are admitted to dental school.
Graduate Employment Statistics
Each summer, Career Services issues an employment survey to alumni of all programs who graduated one year ago. We are pleased to report that a majority of our graduates consistently find employment within the first three months after graduating. Take a closer look at the results of our surveys.
MBS Graduate Outcomes for the Class of 2021
(Based self-reported outcomes; percentages represent the percentage of people reporting, not the entire class. Survey had a 40.6% response rate).
- 74% Enrolled in health professional/graduate program
- 20% Employed
- 2% In a fellowship or internship
- 2% Indicated "other"
Sample of Health Professional/Graduate Programs Students Went on to Attend
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Emory University
- Georgetown University
- Texas Tech Paul L Foster School of Medicine
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of Michigan Medical School
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Tufts School of Medicine
- Tufts School of Dental Medicine
The median income of students who went on to work upon graduation is $81,000.
Sample Jobs Students Secured Within One Year of Graduation
- Director of Clinical Partnerships
- Research Associate
- Management Consultant
- Senior Business Analyst
- Process Development Associate
Sample Employers Who Hired MBS Graduates
- Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
- Deloitte LLP
- Lifescience Dynamics
- LuminDx, Inc.