DEI-Focused Funding Opportunities
Funding from the Department of Neuroscience
The Neuroscience Department has created a fund to support DEI efforts. The Neuro DEI Committee will accept proposals on a rolling basis to support efforts related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Proposals will be accepted from Department of Neuroscience students, postdocs, faculty, and staff and must include the following information:
- Overarching goals of the DEI proposal (one paragraph)
- Importance to diversity, equity, and inclusion (one page or less)
- Long term benefit to the participants, department, school or university (one page or less)
- Budget, including detailed summary of how funds will be used (one page)
Submit your proposals via email to Jamie Maguire.
Please allow one month for proposal review.
Funding Opportunities through NIH
NIH promotes diversity through many Funding Opportunity Announcements. Examples of these opportunities are listed below.
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Predoctoral Fellowship to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Parent F31-Diversity) PA-21-052
- NIH Blueprint and BRAIN Initiative Diversity Specialized Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Advancement in Neuroscience (D-SPAN) Award (F99/K00 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) RFA-NS-21-012
- Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoctoral Career Transition Award to Promote Diversity (K99/R00 Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed) PAR-21-271
- BRAIN Initiative Advanced Postdoctoral Career Transition Award to Promote Diversity (K99/R00 Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed) RFA-NS-19-043
- NCCIH, NEI, NIAAA, NIDA, NIMH, NINR, and NINDS Research Opportunities for New and "At-Risk" Investigators to Promote Workforce Diversity (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) PAR-22-181
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to Recognize Excellence in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Mentorship NOT-OD-23-002